Active Ingredient: Isoxsuprine
Vasodilan is used for improving blood flow in some conditions (eg, cerebral vascular insufficiency, arteriosclerosis obliterans, Buerger disease, Raynaud disease).
Vasodilan is used for improving blood flow in some conditions (eg, cerebral vascular insufficiency, arteriosclerosis obliterans, Buerger disease, Raynaud disease). Vasodilan is a vasodilating agent. It works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels in muscles and other tissues, which helps to improve blood flow (circulation) in these muscles and tissues.
Use Vasodilan as directed by your doctor.
- Vasodilan may be taken with or without food.
- If you miss a dose of Vasodilan, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Vasodilan.
Store Vasodilan at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Vasodilan out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Isoxsuprine.
Do NOT use Vasodilan if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Vasodilan
- you have bleeding of the arteries
- you are in labor or have just given birth.
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Vasodilan. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have bleeding problems.
Some medicines may interact with Vasodilan. However, no specific interactions with Vasodilan are known at this time.
Important safety information:
- Vasodilan may cause dizziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Vasodilan. Using Vasodilan alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using Vasodilan.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant while taking Vasodilan, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Vasodilan during pregnancy. It is unknown if Vasodilan is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Vasodilan, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
When used in small doses, no common side effects have been reported with this product.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; fast or irregular heartbeat; severe or persistent dizziness.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.