Active Ingredient: Mildronate
Meldonium is an anti-ischemic drug developed for treatment of heart ischemia and its consequences. Mildronate is used in neurology for the treatment of brain circulation disorders. It significantly improves patients' mood. They become more active, their motor dysfunction decreases, and asthenia, dizziness and nausea become less pronounced. The drug also improves the learning abilities and memory.
Meldonium treats heart ischemia and its consequencesis. It is used in the treatment of brain circulation disorders. Meldonium is believed to improve Mental Processes (Memory, Learning, Focus, Concentration, Processing of Information) and reduces Fatigue, Increases Motivation & Alertness. Meldonium was designed to improve Athletic Training & Competitive Performance as well as microcirculation & Oxygen Delivery.
Due to its unique mechanism of action Mildronate, depending on the prescribed dose, is widely used for the treatment of different heart and vascular diseases, as well as for the improvement of work capacity of healthy people at physical and mental overloads and during rehabilitation period.
• Intellectual and physical stress (including in athletes). Adults – 1 g per day
divided into two 500mg doses. Course of treatment is 10-14 days. If necessary, the treatment is repeated in 2-3 weeks.
• Athletes should take 500 mg – 1 g twice a day before training. Duration of
treatment during preparatory period is 2-3 weeks, during the period of competition – 10-14 days.
• Cardiovascular disease. As part of combined therapy: 500 mg -1 g (1-2 tablets) per day, taking the whole dose at one time or dividing for 2 takings. Course of treatment is 4-6 weeks.
• Cardialgia against the background of dyshormonal myocardiodystrophy – 500 mg per day. Course of treatment is 12 days.
• Disturbed cerebral circulation. In course of treatment after elimination of acute disorders: 500 mg – 1 g per day, taking the whole dose at one time or dividing it for 2 takings. In case of chronic disorders: 500 mg per day. General course of treatment is 4-6 weeks. Recurrent courses (usually 2-3 times a year) may be taken after consulting a doctor.
• Diseases of peripheral arteries. 500 mg twice a day.
• Abstinence syndrome in case of chronic alcoholism. 500 mg 4 times a day. Course of treatment is 7-10 days.
• Maximum daily dose is 2000 mg.
Please consult your physician prior to using this or any other nutritional supplements or medications.
Please consult a doctor regarding the required dosage.
There is no data of cases of Meldonium overdosage. The drug is low-toxic.
Keep away from direct sunlight.
Keep locked and away from children.
Store in dry place at room temperature.
Do not exceed storage temperature higher than 25 C
Hypersensitivity, increased intracranial pressure (in violation of the venous outflow, intracranial tumors).
Pregnancy, lactation, children under 18 (capsule, injectable solution) or 12 years (syrup), since safety and efficacy have not been determined.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Not recommended during pregnancy (safety have not been proven). At the time of treatment should stop breastfeeding (known whether the breast milk gets).
Interaction with other drugs and other types of interaction
The drug may be combined with antianginal agents, anticoagulants and antiaggregants, antiarrhythmic drugs, diuretics, and bronchial spasmolytics. It intensifies the action of coronary vasodilating drugs, some hypotensive agents, and cardiac glycosides. Taking into consideration the possible development of mild tachycardia and arterial hypotension, care should be taken when combining the drug with nitroglycerin, nifediphine, alpha-adrenoceptor blockers, hypotensive agents and peripheral vasodilators.
Rarely - allergic reactions (redness, rash, itching, oedema), as well as dyspepsia, tachycardia, excitement, changes of arterial pressure.